Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Ticks working in the back yard clearing brush

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 21:50:49 +0000 (UTC), Gijs Van Dijk
wrote:

How do you get ticks out of your skin?

I keep getting ticks working out in the back yard clearing brush.

Often they show up on my back or back of my legs or the back of my waist
(why can't they confront me where I can see them, like a real manly tick
should!).

I have the wife or teen tweeze them out and then I have them squeeze if
they can to get a drop of blood if possible, and then hydrogen peroxide,
and then iodine tincture.

Then we baggie the ticks and put them in the freezer, just in case some
medical people ask who done it. We check for a week to see if there's an
infection, but, by then, we're working on another tick.

What do you do to get the ticks out and to prevent disease?

A cordless soldering iron, touched to the head of the tick will cause
it to release. Nasty little *******s; wear long sleeves, long pants,
blouse your pants legs and button your collar, oh and wear a hat and
gloves.