Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default OT - Snow Chains, Snow Socks, Silent Spikes, etc.

rbowman posted for all of us...

On 12/28/2016 06:58 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
You are assuming that the vehicle can actually move forward. That's my point.
If the tire is spinning in place on ice, the vehicle may not move. Again,
hopefully the sock will stay on the tire when the tire rotates that 1/4 to 1/2
turn so that the rest of the sock can be slipped over the rest of the tire.

You can always jack the tire up. I've never used snow socks but
sometimes that the fastest way to get a conventional chain mounted
properly.

Fortunately this state allows studs and they've worked well for me. I've
hung enough iron in my life and don't need any more practice.

I'm sure you have. Then there are the drivers passing through PA that get
stuck. I can never figure out what classification to give them. A) No
chains, B) Chains but only used 1) Never or 2) Don't know how or 3) Too lazy
or 4) Incompetent.

--
Tekkie