Posted to rec.woodworking

Default interesting 3d cad program

In article 586476c1$0$59602$c3e8da3$460562f1
@news.astraweb.com, Puckdropper says...

"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

Jack, you don't know jack.

OS/2 never ran Windows 95 applications. It
didn't run them "seamlessly", it didn't run them
non-seamlessly, it didn't run them concurrently,
it didn't run them non-concurrently, it didn't
run them at all.

Microsoft changed the Windows API in Windows 95
from the Windows 3.x API to a subset of the
Windows NT API,and IBM never implemented the
Windows NT API in OS/2, so Windows 95
applications could not run. Period.

Your continuing to assert otherwise doesn't make
it so.

By that time, IBM was continuing development of OS/2 alone. OS/2
actually started out as a joint venture between M$ and IBM, but M$
eventually pulled out.

Yep, if the squirrels haven't gotten them I may
still have OS/2 1.something on Microsoft-
labelled diskettes upstairs. I didn't own
anything on which it would install until Warp
was already out so I never got to play with it--
if I come across it again I might take a shot at
putting on one of my Model 70s and see if it
goes.