Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default interesting 3d cad program

J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...
Bill wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

You clearly have never programmed for a living
if you think everything can be done by clicking
links on a web page.
Oops, I have. In fact, I have a MS in CS with an emphasis in
distributed computing.
I have created web sites which made ample use of Oracle
databases--they were mostly navigable by mouse. So, stop, take a
deep breath. I suppose the idea that someone might be able to query a
database "with spoken words" is even stranger to you--but if you think
about it, you can find a few examples on the market today. Right?

Cheers,
Bill

Mr. Clarke,

Here's a nice example for you (I just ran across at random)! The girl
was only 6 years old too!
: )

http://kdvr.com/2016/12/28/girl-uses...s-from-amazon/
That's nice. When that 8 year old girl enters
""SELECT * from LEFT JOIN users, administrators
where ID='';DROP TABLE administrators; -- 10T'
order by name;", get back to us.

No, don't bother. Not interested in more crap
from some theoretician.

I told you that I have programmed for a living (not including teaching
other how to).
To seem to be of the opinion that the only way to query a database is
directly with SQL.
I'm telling you it ain't so. We are not talking about creating and
populating a database through a phone- just doing the majority of things
(which you might properly called "canned transactions"). Get off of
your high horse, Mr. SQL Clarke. SQL was designed to be easy to use.
Evidently, it's so easy a 6-year old can use it...

Bill