Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default interesting 3d cad program

On 12/28/2016 1:41 AM, Bill wrote:
wrote:

Like to see anyone get any productivity running a high end CAD
application on an I-Phone!!! Or even a decent database .

You don't think you cell phone is capable of invoking database
transactions? Think of your phone as containing the "on" switch.

Recently my daughter and her husband were playing gin, and she pulled
out her cell phone to keep score. I asked what she was using to keep
score and she said Excel... I said isn't that over kill, she said it
was easy and didn't have a pencil and paper handy...

PC's (aka cell phones) are killing windows. None of my kids have
desktop computers, they have old lap tops they rarely to never use.

My wife bought herself a computer, I later discovered it was not really
a computer, it was a giant cell phone w/o the phone part (Nextbook I
think it is), with a detachable keyboard. It runs on the Android OS.
The closest thing to a computer she has is an Ipad, that also runs on a
Unix based OS. She also has a Kindle (also Android/UNIX). She sits
around all day with her cell phone, Nextbook, Ipad, and Kindle all
hooked up to the internet, playing games, and buying crap. All are
based on UNIX not DOS/Windows. Yep, Window is about over, and the sooner
the better as it has always been, and still is, garbage.

Think about this, in 1994, OS/2 could cut and paste between DOS, WIN and
OS/2 apps all running concurrently. Windows figured out how to do it
between DOS and WIN, (albeit lamely as hell) over 20 years later with
Win 10.

WINS scripting language (Power Shell) is a diabolical piece of crap,
designed by the morons of the computing world. OS/2 had REXX for it's
scripts which was powerful, yet any moron could learn it.

OS/2 used standard config files anyone could master. Win uses the
convoluted piece of garbage called the registry. Anyone that has the
balls to fool around with that mess knows the meaning of labyrinth. It
must have been designed by the same fools that created the almost
unlearnable Power Shell script language.

Yep, Kids today have little use for Desktops, and it's convoluted piece
of crap OS. The ironic thing is Win was supposed to be an easy user
interface designed for the computer illiterate. In reality, it is a
horrible user interface that is next to impossible for even the computer
literate to have a clue how to fix when it breaks, which it always does,
because it is crap. Now, everyone is using UNIX, with user interfaces
any computer illiterate (my wife) can use, and they never seem to break.
Very cool.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com