Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair

Default Best Phillips Screwdrivers?

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 22:00:39 GMT
Doug White wrote:

snip
I'll have to investigate getting a special set of drivers for small
appliance repair.

I bought this cheapo Harbor Freight set to get the special bit for
Game
Boy Dual Screens:

http://www.harborfreight.com/32-piec...ers-97517.html

Those bits aren't 1/4 inch but rather 5/32 inch. I was able to use
it
with a small torx bit to get down into a deep hole that my 1/4 bits
couldn't.

Nothing special but it has already paid for itself. Figure it should
last for awhile if I only use it when necessary...

--
Leon Fisk

I was in an RC hobby store and asked about JIC and Posidrive
screwdrivers, which they didn't carry. Maybe they don't torque the
screws in models hard enough to notice the difference?

They did have EC5 connectors and 10 AWG Silicone rubber insulated wire
to connect to a Lithium jump starter pack, so I can measure its real
Amp-Hour capacity and misuse it with other loads.
-jsw