Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Klay Anderson Klay Anderson is offline

Default Best Phillips Screwdrivers?

On Monday, December 26, 2016 at 12:04:23 PM UTC-7, Doug White wrote:
For many years now, I have always used the black handle Xcelite Phillips
screwdrivers with the chrome shaft & black tip. I outfitted my
electronics bench with a fresh set a few years ago, and the #1 Phillips
tip is already toast.

I learned long ago to use a "Japanese screwdriver for a Japanese screw". At length, it means use an ISO tip with ISO screws a JIS tip with a JIS screw, a Philips tip with a Philips screw, and a Pozidrive tip with a Pozidrive screw. I use Hozan for most Asian heads, Euro Stanley for Pozidrive and Xcelite for USA Philips. I have security bit tip sets for the occasional ****er-offer. Yea, I have a lot of money invested in tools as I have drawers full of brands and sizes. But it is an investment that pays. Hozan for instance make driver sets with interchangeable tips. This can save money.

Klay