Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default interesting 3d cad program

On 12/25/2016 1:26 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

Yep, I know. But, at a young age I came to realize Windows is actually
really really good.

Windows was never really good, let alone really, really good. Well,
there was one version of windows that was really good, and that was
OS/2. The only version of Win that actually worked.

We're seeing a shift, more people than ever are talking about Linux. I
won't say "2017 will be the year of Linux on the desktop" because it
won't. Linux will take over like Firefox... Slowly. All of a sudden you
realize Firefox has to be taken seriously. (That's a whole 'nother can
of worms... because now you realize Firefox *can't* be taken seriously
anymore. The fork Pale Moon is really good.)

The desk top is dying a fast death. Kids (under 40) today don't use
them, they use their cell phones. Actually they use todays Portable
Computer (PC), which is incorrectly called a cell phone. Almost no one
uses the cell phone part of their PC much, they use text for that.
Otherwise it's social media.

As for Linux, (which of course is really just a hacked copy of Unix)
that has already killed Windows dead as hell. 99% of PC's (aka cell
phones) are powered by UNIX based OS's. Android and Mac OS are based on
UNIX, not windows. The Desktop is dead, killed by so called cell phones.
The entire internet runs on Unix, almost all cell phones (PC's) run on
Unix based OS's.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com