Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair
Larry Fisk[_2_] Larry Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default Best Phillips Screwdrivers?

"Doug White" wrote in message
For many years now, I have always used the black handle Xcelite Phillips
screwdrivers with the chrome shaft & black tip. I outfitted my
electronics bench with a fresh set a few years ago, and the #1 Phillips
tip is already toast. I took apart a dead stick vacuum cleaner today
that had a dozen screws down in holes, and I had to get my other #1
driver from my woodworking toolbox to finish the job. It is also
showing signs of excess wear on the tip.

..
I have worked on computers and cell phones for a living for the last 20
some years. I discovered Japan Cross (JIS) drivers early on. I use these
Hozan JIS for the most part, mine are an earlier version but the steel is
good and hard and fit the screws precisely. Rarely strip one unless someone
has used a phillips on them before me. Most laptop screws have a drop of
loctite applied to them from the factory, so they are tough to start
sometimes. For my work these four sizes work for most all, but I use small
torx bits quite a bit now days too.
https://www.amazon.com/Hozn-JIS-4-JI.../dp/B00A7WAHTU