Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Cutting trench thru concrete/rebar floor?

Oren posted for all of us...

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 13:46:45 -0500, wrote:

If the slab most common in a home has post tensioned cables inside,
thats a severe safety issue. my brother had this come up in his home,
a below slab water line broke, he had to have his slab x rayed
to avoid hitting any cables.
I doubt this is a issue for the OP but might be a issue for someone else

My foundation is cable tensioned. You notice a cable (s) sticking out
of the foundation an inch or less --- not in all cases, though. Some
home builders put a stamp in the garage pad to indicate the slab is
cable tensioned (no all do).
It is worth knowing before you cut the concrete. I was lucky we
missed the cable in a master bath reno.

Here's a " Learn something new every day " moment, for me.
I had no idea that this was ever used in homes !
Is it used for certain special cases ? like no proper footings or
architectural design .. or something ?

https://buyersask.com/lesson-4/post-...n-slab-lesson/

John T.

This video is a builder in AZ. I'm in NV. I had never seen this
construction or knew about it until after I bought the house.

Stick built and stucco exterior. Never have had a crack in the
drywall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skQS_AFuUw

Never heard of it in residential either. I'll be gol danged.
I bet that jumps the price up.

--
Tekkie