Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Benderthe.evilrobot Benderthe.evilrobot is offline

Default Dell monitor - invokes factory reset at boot.

"Jeroni Paul" wrote in message
Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:
Quite possibly - I'd just about summoned the courage to tackle the
clutter
around the monitor so I could swap it out, I wanted something to eat so
fired up the PC while I was sitting there - suddenly the monitor was
behaving itself.

Other symptoms were starting to emerge; some display aspects were
starting
to look washed out - the cursor would lose contrast while editing email