Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting trench thru concrete/rebar floor?

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 09:26:18 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 08:41:56 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

If the slab most common in a home has post tensioned cables inside, thats a severe safety issue. my brother had this come up in his home, a below slab water line broke,

he had to have his slab x rayed to avoid hitting any cables.

i doubt this is a issue for the OP but might be a issue for someone else

My foundation is cable tensioned. You notice a cable (s) sticking out
of the foundation an inch or less --- not in all cases, though. Some
home builders put a stamp in the garage pad to indicate the slab is
cable tensioned (no all do).

It is worth knowing before you cut the concrete. I was lucky we
missed the cable in a master bath reno.

Yikes
It would never occur to me that residential 1&2 would do this.
Of the 2 states I have lived and built in, you are lucky to see steel
although Florida is better than Maryland was. It is still just going
to be wire mesh or rebar.
In the 70s in Md, rebar in the footer was not even that common.