Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting trench thru concrete/rebar floor?

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 08:41:56 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

If the slab most common in a home has post tensioned cables inside, thats a severe safety issue. my brother had this come up in his home, a below slab water line broke,

he had to have his slab x rayed to avoid hitting any cables.

i doubt this is a issue for the OP but might be a issue for someone else

My foundation is cable tensioned. You notice a cable (s) sticking out
of the foundation an inch or less --- not in all cases, though. Some
home builders put a stamp in the garage pad to indicate the slab is
cable tensioned (no all do).

It is worth knowing before you cut the concrete. I was lucky we
missed the cable in a master bath reno.