Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Cutting trench thru concrete/rebar floor?

"Stormin' Norman" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 04:44:01 +0000, Sassy-mae
m wrote:

I'm a woman and do a lot of my own home remodel/repair work... sooooo,
How's
the best way to cut a long thin trench into a concrete floor that has
rebar?
Got a kennel and want to install a trench drain in an existing floor. The
cut
will be about 25ft long and about 8-10in wide. What's the different ways a
homeowner can use to complete the task? (Mind you I'll have to rent the
tools).

If you own a typical 7.25 inch circular saw, I have personally used
these Skil brand diamond blades to cut reinforced concrete.

http://amzn.to/2irAcOY

Probably won't cut deep enough. A concrete saw (rented) will AND you can
stand up while you cut
http://www6.homedepot.com/tool-truck...CX3/index.html