Posted to rec.woodworking

Default interesting 3d cad program

In article 585f66d6$0$53472$c3e8da3$b1356c67
@news.astraweb.com, Puckdropper says...

krw wrote in news:460u5c5cv0eg5vj9ra5oug6tp6mmhso1ru@
4ax.com:

On 24 Dec 2016 22:50:49 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

It's coming. Linux will eventually make it to the desktop in a big

way.

Windows is on its way out, people are tired of constant updates,

they're
tired of being spied on, they're slowly coming to realize their systems
were pwned from the moment Windows was installed *for real this time*.
Windows 7 will be the last version of Windows for me unless something
changes.

I've been hearing that for almost thirty years.

So have I. I'll probably wind up dual booting, as there's just some
programs out there that can't see past Windows. I wonder if there's a
decent virtual PC type program out there for Linux that will let me run
Windows on Linux.

Virtual Box is free and works.
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

VMWare Workstation Player used to be free but
now it's 150 bucks--also works well.

In either case check the compability list and
make sure your hardware supports it. And get
lots and lots of RAM.

Merry Christmas.