Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default bosch jigsaw

On 12/25/2016 7:41 AM, krw wrote:
On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 23:52:57 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 12/24/2016 1:35 PM, krw wrote:
On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 11:49:32 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 12/23/2016 7:21 PM, krw wrote:
On 23 Dec 2016 19:20:22 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Electric Comet wrote in news3jkti$9p8$3
@dont-email.me:

have been satsified with my bosch jigsaw

but it would really benefit from having a light

not sure why there is no light

it would not add much to the cost and it would be really helpful

also annoying to have to blow out the dust so it would be another
useful feature to have a nozzle to blow out the dust

otherwise it is a great tool

the quick blade change is excellent as is the blade angle of cut
adjustment

Someone must own a patent somewhere... Although I'd consider it obvious
to anyone in the industry: An integrated light shining on the working
area of the tool.

IIRC, the Festool has a strobe light. That's a different and useful
idea (i.e. patentable).

I have often wondered why a strobe and how that would be useful. Do you
know or have a clue? I do know that the latest strobe light Festool
jig saw was delayed for sale in the US, IIRC it had something to do with
the strobe making the blade appear to be not moving up and down.

Probably because American lawyers will convince juries that a blade
that looks like it's not moving is "dangerous".

I think the idea of the "stopped" blade is that one can see where the
teeth are (they're doing the cutting, after all).

Understood but really, I know where the teeth are, what difference does
it make to see the teeth?

So you can see where the cut will be, rather than where it was?

LOL. I think it is probably like a laser on a DP. Perhaps if I used
one I might see the advantage.