Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_7_] krw[_7_] is offline

Default interesting 3d cad program

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 18:38:31 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in
news
Does SketchUp not run on WINE? When there are more Linux users, there
will be more software ported to it. BTW, Google sold SU to another
company in recent years, I believe.

Bill

It's coming. Linux will eventually make it to the desktop in a big way.

Windows is on its way out, people are tired of constant updates, they're
tired of being spied on, they're slowly coming to realize their systems
were pwned from the moment Windows was installed *for real this time*.
Windows 7 will be the last version of Windows for me unless something
changes.

I have Linux installed as a dual boot. Mostly, I like Linux for running
some freeware Java programs of foreign origin, in which I then don't
have to instill "my full faith and trust".

I intend to run Linux as a guest under Windows (just bought a new
laptop that is big enough to do it without choking). I tried Linux a
decade ago but had no interest in spending all my time being a system
programmer. If it doesn't just work, I don't want it. We'll see if
Linux has grown up any.