Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 02:18:22 -0000, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 12/23/2016 02:08 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 18:52:37 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

That's the normal way. Down for on, off for up.

Not here.

It's possible it was a replacement switch and the wires were too short
to turn it the right way. I've had one like that.

Every lightswitch I've had has one wire going in each end. So you can turn it round without needing longer wires.

--
I would defend the liberty of consenting adult creationists to practice whatever intellectual perversions they like in the privacy of their own homes; but it is also necessary to protect the young and innocent. -- Arthur C. Clarke