Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 00:54:37 -0000, wrote:

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 00:23:22 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 21:20:45 -0000, wrote:

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:00:17 +0000, Bod wrote:

That's the normal way. Down for on, off for up.

My thoughts exactly.

I noticed that in New Zealand too. Maybe it has something to do with
driving on the wrong side of the road. The in and out door at a store
is backward too. ;-)

You're so sad that you remember which side in and out usually is?

I notice when I walk up to the door that is supposed to be the in and
it opens toward me with someone coming out.

I go to the one marked in. I didn't know there was a standard for left and right. In fact there isn't, I know Aldi here is in on the left and B&Ms and Morrisons' are in on the right, and Asda and Tesco don't have an in and an out. It's just the way the stores happen to be laid out inside.

--
McMurphy fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a paper bag filled with vegetable soup.