Posted to rec.woodworking

Default interesting 3d cad program

In article WvWdnYHFlfT4LsPFnZ2dnUU7-
, lcb11211@swbelldotnet
says...

On 12/24/2016 9:14 AM, notbob wrote:
On 2016-12-24, Leon wrote:

New to you maybe but a very old method of drawing. Sketchup is pretty much
'it' for woodworking.

Too bad Gobble never made it fer Linux. I've never quite understood
Gobble's reluctance. C'mon, their entire server system is Linux.

Anywho, I gave my ex lead designer an old precursor to Sketchup, to
try. It was like E (an old early modeling SGI program), but he didn't
like it --over AutoCad-- cuz it did not have a "stretch" function.

nb

Google was just an interim owner of Sketchup. Sketchup was originally
developed by another company that charged for the product. Some years
later Google bought Sketchup and offered it as a free tool.

About 3 years ago Google sold Sketchup to Trimble, a software company.

Trimble's not actually a software company--
they're a GPS, navigation systems, and surveying
systems company with a large software component.