Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 12:52:08 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:54:43 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 10:29:16 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:12:44 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

The old "Instant On" tube type TV sets used a lot of power on standby to keep the CRT and vacuum tube filaments half powered so the set would come on more or less instantly. My LED TV might draw a few milliamps when it's off to keep the IR remote control circuitry active so it would be silly to unplug or kill the power to it.
?(€¢?€¢)?

[8~{} Uncle Instant Monster

"Smart" TVs will draw more because there is a processor running all
the time and even loafing along, it is still going to draw something.
Cranked up it can stream and process 1080 HD content so that makes it
a pretty powerful PC.

I just have a dumbass LED TV but at least it has HDMI ports in addition to a VGA port so I can hook it to my laptops or most other computers. ?(?)?

I have 4 dumb TVs and 1 smart one. The dumb ones all have a PC
connected to them, making them smarter than the smart TV. One we never
use and I am thinking of just bringing it here to use as a monitor for
this PC

I have my 32" LED TV hooked to the cable here at the center so I can watch the news and to the Dell laptop my little red haired girlfriend brought me via an HDMI port so I can watch Amazon Prime Video and other content I get through the WiFi here. The Chromebook is for web surfing, Email and Usenet. I've been binge watching TV series from start to finish on Amazon prime on both the TV and my 7" Fire tablet I got on sale for $40.00 off Amazon. I used to take a book or newspaper(remember them) to the bathroom when I needed to drop a load of ready-mix. Now I take my little Fire tablet. On Amazon Prime, I just finished watching a TV series called "Charlie Jade" that was filmed in South Africa and it was amazingly good and well made. I think the series ended too soon, I wish there had been more episodes. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.amazon.com/The-Power-of-.../dp/B01KL1LDQ2

[8~{} Uncle Jaded Monster