Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 9:15:41 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

Floor lamps have foot-activated switches. Table lamps have a switch on
the cord or next to the bulb, or the fancy ones you touch the base and
it detects you by capacitance.

I've never seen a lamp with a foot switch. Most lamps (floor or table,
doesn't matter) I see have a switch built into the socket. I do have a
couple of touch lamps, including one that "touches" itself.

[snip]

--

I have 2 floor lamps with foot switches. One is alway "on" and plugged into a split, switched
receptacle, which, believe it or not, was the original topic of this thread. ;-)