Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 10:29:16 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:12:44 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

The old "Instant On" tube type TV sets used a lot of power on standby to keep the CRT and vacuum tube filaments half powered so the set would come on more or less instantly. My LED TV might draw a few milliamps when it's off to keep the IR remote control circuitry active so it would be silly to unplug or kill the power to it.

?(€¢?€¢)?

[8~{} Uncle Instant Monster

"Smart" TVs will draw more because there is a processor running all
the time and even loafing along, it is still going to draw something.
Cranked up it can stream and process 1080 HD content so that makes it
a pretty powerful PC.

I just have a dumbass LED TV but at least it has HDMI ports in addition to a VGA port so I can hook it to my laptops or most other computers. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Lap Monster