Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_7_] krw[_7_] is offline

Default bosch jigsaw

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 15:08:24 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 4:25:04 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:53:31 -0800 (PST)
" wrote:

I see you are talking about these brand new high faluting jigsaws
with all these fancy dandy luxuries. Wow. My Bosch is about 20
years old now. Good top handle design. These lights and blower
things had not been invented back then.

good to know this one comes from good lineage

the cordless makita drill and driver have lights and it is a very
useful feature

Cordless drills (drills, not drivers) had been invented when I bought my Bosch jigsaw. On drills lights make sense because you can and do drill when you do not have a good site line to what you are drilling. And drill in small enclosed spaces with poor visibility. But jigsaws are usually used where you can see what you are cutting and follow the line. With drills you are laying on your belly with your arm stretched out and drilling a hole or driving a screw. You don't operate jigsaws like that. So lights on jigsaws make just a little more sense than lights on circular saws. Do people want lights on their worm drive Skilsaw?

Sure. All light helps.