Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

Ralph Mowery was thinking very hard :
In article , says...

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 18:12:58 -0000, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

For some reason one of the lights in a room comes on when the switch is
down and off when up. Not sure if it is a 3 way switch that I can't
find another switch for , of if someone just installed it upside down.
Thought about looking and changing it, but just too lazey. That light is
seldom used anyway.

That's the normal way. Down for on, off for up.

Could be where you are, but in the US (atleast southern US) it is up for
on. All the other switches that are single and not the 3 way types are
up for on. Same as everywhere I have been in the US.

If you mount them wrong, they're down for NO.