Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:16:28 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 23/12/2016 20:08, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 18:52:37 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

That's the normal way. Down for on, off for up.

Not here.

Really?

Actually, it seems to change depending what you're doing. For example I find it odd that my Renault requires me to push the lever down to turn the wipers on. Every other car has been up.

And why is it taps for water and gas are anticlockwise for more, yet volume controls and electric cookers are clockwise for more?

--
No-one scares me more than someone who is blindly "law-abiding".
I'd rather we all asked our consciences before the law.