Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 18:12:58 -0000, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

--

I could always add a switch next to an outlet which would be fine for
a kitchen counter or workbench. I actually had switches for the

wall inside next to the front door. One is for the porch light and the
other controls the outlet under the front window for a lamp so one can
turn it on when entering a dark house. The rest of the electrical
outlets including those above the kitchen counters are not switched.
?(?)?

One of the outlets in my house is switched on with the wall switch where
you come into the room. The house was built around 1985.

For some reason one of the lights in a room comes on when the switch is
down and off when up. Not sure if it is a 3 way switch that I can't
find another switch for , of if someone just installed it upside down.
Thought about looking and changing it, but just too lazey. That light is
seldom used anyway.

That's the normal way. Down for on, off for up.

My thoughts exactly.