Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave C[_3_] Dave C[_3_] is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 14:51:57 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 14:57:23 -0500, Dave C wrote:

I have an AC wall socket, currently controlled by a wall switch. I
would like to change that outlet, so the one of the plugs is always
ON. The other plug would remaqin as is, ergo controlled by the wall
switch. I purchased a prior house with that configuartion for one
socket. Alas I never looked to see how that "split" outlet
configuration was implemented.

Can one inform me, how to make this change? Thanks

If you have to ask, my advice would be to call an electrician. You don't want to start a fire.

I asked because I did not know how to do a specific home wiring task.
I knew the solution was simple, well within my capabilities -your
snide comment ignored.

BTW: I am a degreed electrical engineer - though my area of
knowledge/ experience is in designing Electronic Warfare microwave
systems. You can ask me how to design/build a 70 dB DR DLVA 15 MHz
video BW device and I will assist you - as used in ESM RWR receivers