Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] graemedods@gmail.com is offline

Default Ping Leon - Glasgow Bed

On Thursday, 22 December 2016 12:01:22 UTC+8, krw wrote:
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 19:32:28 -0800 (PST), Sonny
wrote:

In the Dr's lounge, Tuesday, I was *pass-my-eye on a June 2016 issue of Architevtural Digest and saw this bed.... reminded me of your work.
https://www.stickley.com/OurProducts...plex&finis h=

The Mag photo bed was a variation of the above linked bed, in that, the Mag photo bed had 2 drawers that pulled out of the footboard.

The Mag's photo was a much better presentation (a bedroom scenario, the way you show us your work), than on the Stickley site (stand alone). The Mag photo also had the accompanying side tables, similar to below (link), but the Mag photo didn't have the lattice work above the side tables.

https://www.stickley.com/OurProducts...omplex&finish=

I like Stickley (living room tables are Stickley Mission) but that bed
sure doesn't look scream "Mission" style, to me. Looks more "modern"
than "mission".

Anyway, just another thumbs up for your work, comparatively.

+1 Nice stuff but I can't decide if it's "mission", either. ;-)

It looks like it's influenced by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, a Glasgow artist from the late 19th/early 20th century. Here's some of his work - https://tinyurl.com/jph9j2c

Graeme