Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Leon - Glasgow Bed

In the Dr's lounge, Tuesday, I was *pass-my-eye on a June 2016 issue of Architevtural Digest and saw this bed.... reminded me of your work.
https://www.stickley.com/OurProducts...plex&finis h=

The Mag photo bed was a variation of the above linked bed, in that, the Mag photo bed had 2 drawers that pulled out of the footboard.

The Mag's photo was a much better presentation (a bedroom scenario, the way you show us your work), than on the Stickley site (stand alone). The Mag photo also had the accompanying side tables, similar to below (link), but the Mag photo didn't have the lattice work above the side tables.

https://www.stickley.com/OurProducts...omplex&finish=

Anyway, just another thumbs up for your work, comparatively.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 19:32:28 -0800 (PST), Sonny
wrote:

In the Dr's lounge, Tuesday, I was *pass-my-eye on a June 2016 issue of Architevtural Digest and saw this bed.... reminded me of your work.
https://www.stickley.com/OurProducts...plex&finis h=

The Mag photo bed was a variation of the above linked bed, in that, the Mag photo bed had 2 drawers that pulled out of the footboard.

The Mag's photo was a much better presentation (a bedroom scenario, the way you show us your work), than on the Stickley site (stand alone). The Mag photo also had the accompanying side tables, similar to below (link), but the Mag photo didn't have the lattice work above the side tables.

https://www.stickley.com/OurProducts...omplex&finish=

I like Stickley (living room tables are Stickley Mission) but that bed
sure doesn't look scream "Mission" style, to me. Looks more "modern"
than "mission".

Anyway, just another thumbs up for your work, comparatively.

+1 Nice stuff but I can't decide if it's "mission", either. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/21/2016 10:01 PM, krw wrote:

+1 Nice stuff but I can't decide if it's "mission", either.

Stckley channeled Picasso ... sorta like a Bernie Sanders libertarian.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

It looks like it's influenced by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, a Glasgow artist from the late 19th/early 20th century. Here's some of his work - https://tinyurl.com/jph9j2c

Graeme

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I'd call that style "modern", if it weren't 100 years old. ;-) It's
contemporary with "mission" but it's rather different. Very
interesting.

Ping Leon Sonny Woodworking 2 August 9th 16 04:00 PM
Ping Leon Sonny Woodworking 3 October 30th 14 11:16 PM
Ping Leon diggerop Woodworking 9 October 17th 09 09:58 PM
Leon's Desk... (ping Leon) Morris Dovey Woodworking 8 July 29th 08 01:49 PM
Ping Leon JGS Woodworking 3 June 21st 05 02:59 PM