Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] greg.laughton@gmail.com is offline

Default gas fireplace won't start-up - pilot is lit

Similar problem. Pilot is lit and the switch which has on / off / remote works for a while, then I can not turn it on with the switch or remote.

I had to replace the previous switch a because I could almost never get it to work. The connector on the new switch did not match the old one so I had to splice the wire from the fireplace to the new receiver together. When it is not working and I switch it from OFF to ON and it does not light, if I disconnect one of the splices and then reconnect it lights no problem. Also, I can touch the two wires from the fire place together and it lights no problem every time so I am pretty sure it is not anything from the wire back. Any thoughts?