Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Hiring a wood turner

In article om
On 2016-12-20 18:22:54 +0000, Puckdropper said:

Trenbidia wrote in news

And "example.com" is a known spam site.

Extra clarification: example.com is a domain.
There is no site, aside from the place-holder page explaining the
domain.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Example.com may be used by spammers an awful lot, but it exists to be used
as an example in documents.

Actually, it is also explicitly suggested as a placeholder when an
email address is required (such as Usenet postings) when you don't
want to invite spam. Although the top-level domain .invalid is
preferred (see my address).

Puckdropper

Like the folk that blamed Hotmail for SPAMers using (usually fake)
Hotmail addresses

I wish spammers would use fake addresses. I can't count the times
I've had floods of bounce messages because some bozo used my address.

--
Drew Lawson Some men's dreams
for others turn to nightmares.