Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Hiring a wood turner

I am looking to hire a wood turner / machinist for a project. Someone who can
scale and expand would be preferable. The design is a 6 inch tall x 6 inch
wide shape that needs a nice finish. I have designed the shape and overall
dimensions. Initial quantity of 10 units and if the project works, it will be
a steady stream of work. Open to design changes to make it easier to
turn/machine and flexible.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 07:44:01 -0600, Shawn wrote:

I am looking to hire a wood turner / machinist for a project.

SPAM alert - anytime a header field looks like the below, beware!

From: Shawn m

And "example.com" is a known spam site.

--
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Trenbidia wrote in news

And "example.com" is a known spam site.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Example.com may be used by spammers an awful lot, but it exists to be used
as an example in documents. It's abused, sure, but not a site that sends a
lot of spam.

From example.com:
"This domain is established to be used for illustrative examples in
documents. You may use this domain in examples without prior coordination
or asking for permission."

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 18:22:54 +0000, Puckdropper wrote:

Example.com may be used by spammers an awful lot, but it exists to be
used as an example in documents.

The internet is full of once useful sites, and newsgroups, that have been
taken over by those who love to destroy. I'd never heard of it, but
about a month ago, I started getting spam from it on a daily basis. I
looked it up on abuseipdb and it had been reported 5 times - I could
easily have made it 20, but why? I know it's spam.

My point was to inform anyone who might not know, that those long
nonsense strings in header fields are a dead giveaway.

--
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 2016-12-20 18:22:54 +0000, Puckdropper said:

Trenbidia wrote in news

And "example.com" is a known spam site.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Example.com may be used by spammers an awful lot, but it exists to be used
as an example in documents. It's abused, sure, but not a site that sends a
lot of spam.

From example.com:
"This domain is established to be used for illustrative examples in
documents. You may use this domain in examples without prior coordination
or asking for permission."

Puckdropper

Like the folk that blamed Hotmail for SPAMers using (usually fake)
Hotmail addresses

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article om
On 2016-12-20 18:22:54 +0000, Puckdropper said:

Trenbidia wrote in news

And "example.com" is a known spam site.

Extra clarification: example.com is a domain.
There is no site, aside from the place-holder page explaining the
domain.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Example.com may be used by spammers an awful lot, but it exists to be used
as an example in documents.

Actually, it is also explicitly suggested as a placeholder when an
email address is required (such as Usenet postings) when you don't
want to invite spam. Although the top-level domain .invalid is
preferred (see my address).

Puckdropper

Like the folk that blamed Hotmail for SPAMers using (usually fake)
Hotmail addresses

I wish spammers would use fake addresses. I can't count the times
I've had floods of bounce messages because some bozo used my address.

--
Drew Lawson Some men's dreams
for others turn to nightmares.

favorite wood turner videos Electric Comet Woodworking 0 August 9th 15 06:27 PM
Turner on HGTV kimosabe Woodworking 8 February 18th 09 03:39 AM
wood turner's web site Darrell Feltmate Woodworking 0 August 7th 06 10:50 PM
Q from a would-be turner Sawaar Woodturning 15 May 21st 06 01:46 PM
Disabled Turner Paul Rasmussen Woodturning 0 November 13th 04 12:11 AM