Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Way OT Refrigerator

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 09:17:32 -0800, AIOEUSER
wrote:

I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving
folks here.

Well, I had a crazy one some years back. One of the classic freezer on top,
refrigerator below, with a wide mullion between the doors, that held the
evaporator coils. The refrigerator started condensing water and dripping
all over the food below. I tore the mullion apart, and there was a
compartment that looked like a picnic cooler, just a bare styrofoam box,
with the coils and defrost heater inside. there was some ice there, but it
was clear the defrost heater was working, as there was no ice near it.
I took out the styrofoam, and the lower part weighed about 20 LBS!! I left
these out, and ended up putting them in a trash bag with a vacuum pump for
several hours a day to draw the water out. I'd weigh it every day, and when
it stopped getting lighter, I reinstalled it, but wrapped it in trash bag
material to try to keep the foam from getting waterlogged again. This de-
watering process took over a week. It did fix the problem.

Jon