Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Way OT Refrigerator

I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving
folks here.

My refrigerator occasionally pees water on the floor.
I cannot figure out where it is coming from.

It has a freezer with ice maker in the door on the left and fridge on
the right. A Kenmore side-by-side model.

Both seem to be working properly and a thermometer inside says
temperatures are correct.

Please tell me where to look and what I can do.

TIA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10/12/16 17:17, AIOEUSER wrote:
I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving
folks here.

My refrigerator occasionally pees water on the floor.
I cannot figure out where it is coming from.

Binary chop. Turn the water off.

You'll then find out if it's water from the ice maker, or defrosted water.

It has a freezer with ice maker in the door on the left and fridge on
the right. A Kenmore side-by-side model.

Both seem to be working properly and a thermometer inside says
temperatures are correct.

Please tell me where to look and what I can do.

For defrosted water, down at the back inside, there is a drain hole. If
it's blocked with mush then water is just finding another path to
surprise you. Unblock.

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 12/10/2016 7:17 AM, AIOEUSER wrote:
I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving
folks here.

My refrigerator occasionally pees water on the floor.
I cannot figure out where it is coming from.

It has a freezer with ice maker in the door on the left and fridge on
the right. A Kenmore side-by-side model.

Both seem to be working properly and a thermometer inside says
temperatures are correct.

Please tell me where to look and what I can do.

TIA

Age of the unit?
Plastic tubing used these days becomes brittle and cracks.
Tube to water dispenser [if you have one] or ice maker could be leaking.
If there is a delay in water flowing to the water dispenser, you have
found the issue.
Or turn off the ice maker and see if that stops the leak.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Probably a drain hole clog since there is NO water connected to the ice
maker although I do put ice from another source into the ice maker just
so it can dispense it.

The dispenser works OK.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 09:17:32 -0800, AIOEUSER
wrote:

I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving
folks here.

My refrigerator occasionally pees water on the floor.
I cannot figure out where it is coming from.

It has a freezer with ice maker in the door on the left and fridge on
the right. A Kenmore side-by-side model.

Both seem to be working properly and a thermometer inside says
temperatures are correct.

Please tell me where to look and what I can do.

TIA

My daughter has an IKEA branded Whirlpool refridgerator that leaked
water on the floor every time it went through a defrost cycle. As
others said, the drain hole was plugged up so the water would leak
into the freezer instead of going to the drain pan.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/12/2016 10:48, AIOEUSER wrote:

Probably a drain hole clog since there is NO water connected to the ice
maker although I do put ice from another source into the ice maker just
so it can dispense it.

The dispenser works OK.

otherwise there could be a crack in the tray on top of the compressor
where the defrosted water goes
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
AIOEUSER wrote:

I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving
folks here.

My refrigerator occasionally pees water on the floor.
I cannot figure out where it is coming from.

It has a freezer with ice maker in the door on the left and fridge on
the right. A Kenmore side-by-side model.

Both seem to be working properly and a thermometer inside says
temperatures are correct.

Please tell me where to look and what I can do.

TIA

There can be condensation on the outside of a refrigerator. To prevent
that, there once were low power heating elements installed near the door
seals. In my experience, those elements eventually went bad.

My current refrigerator is about 15 years old, and has had the
condensation problem for the past few years. While it may be possible
to replace the heating elements, it is time I got a new refrigerator.

Searching the web, I found this:
http://www.applianceaid.com/heat-around-refrigerator-door.php
It indicates the electrical heaters were replaced by a different method,
but does not mention when.

Fred
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving
folks here.

My refrigerator occasionally pees water on the floor.
I cannot figure out where it is coming from.

It has a freezer with ice maker in the door on the left and fridge on
the right. A Kenmore side-by-side model.

Both seem to be working properly and a thermometer inside says
temperatures are correct.

Please tell me where to look and what I can do.

TIA

I had a fitted fridge that dripped a lot. It was a basic design fault.
The evaporator could not keep up. Too cold vs too warm. I moved the
evaporator by brute force so it caught the drops more efficiently. It
then worked. Thirty years later we moved house! I assume it still
works or has been replaced.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving
folks here.

Well, I had a crazy one some years back. One of the classic freezer on top,
refrigerator below, with a wide mullion between the doors, that held the
evaporator coils. The refrigerator started condensing water and dripping
all over the food below. I tore the mullion apart, and there was a
compartment that looked like a picnic cooler, just a bare styrofoam box,
with the coils and defrost heater inside. there was some ice there, but it
was clear the defrost heater was working, as there was no ice near it.
I took out the styrofoam, and the lower part weighed about 20 LBS!! I left
these out, and ended up putting them in a trash bag with a vacuum pump for
several hours a day to draw the water out. I'd weigh it every day, and when
it stopped getting lighter, I reinstalled it, but wrapped it in trash bag
material to try to keep the foam from getting waterlogged again. This de-
watering process took over a week. It did fix the problem.

Jon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

That styrofoam waterlogging is a problem with hot tub covers. The last
cover I replaced took two peope to lift it off of the tub when it was
replaced. Really one person could have done it except it was so big
AND heavy that it was really awkward. I paid extra for the new cover
becuase it has extra wrapping to slow down how fast the styrofoam
absorbs moisture. Your vacuum pump idea is a good one. I wonder how
long it would take to dehydrate a hot tub cover. Maybe wait 'till the
middle of winter and freeze dry it. Yeah, right.
Eric
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"AIOEUSER" wrote in message
news
I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving
folks here.

My refrigerator occasionally pees water on the floor.
I cannot figure out where it is coming from.

It has a freezer with ice maker in the door on the left and fridge on the
right. A Kenmore side-by-side model.

Both seem to be working properly and a thermometer inside says
temperatures are correct.

Please tell me where to look and what I can do.

TIA

I know what you can do. You can smash it with a hammer.

Why Can't You Lay Refrigerator Down?? MICHELLE H. Home Repair 46 January 10th 16 07:27 PM
Refrigerator Q Lou Home Repair 3 March 14th 07 06:19 PM
Refrigerator JasmynJade Home Repair 9 November 22nd 05 01:31 AM
sub zero 550 refrigerator ryan Home Repair 3 July 27th 04 12:11 AM
Sub-Zero refrigerator TJAGF Home Repair 1 May 18th 04 11:45 AM