Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Benderthe.evilrobot Benderthe.evilrobot is offline

Default Dell monitor - invokes factory reset at boot.

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:

There's one gathering dust in the corner, it has leakage on the front
panel buttons - it develops a mind of its own in damp weather.

Yup, I had one that got a bit of drink spilled on it, and it corroded the
board with the button switches. Whenever a button starts acting up, I
remove the capacitor that is across the switch contacts and replace with a
100 pF cap, and clean the board well while the cap is removed. That seems
to have fixed it. The button switches themselves seem to be fine.

Mine doesn't have any switch capacitors, the board isn't corroded. I cleaned
it and re-tinned all the button pins hoping it would dry them out - that
didn't work.

Its a case of finding enough button switches to replace them all - and being
bothered enough to do the job.