Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using my mirror in a rentacar

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 21:50:09 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/18/2016 9:06 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:39:15 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 12/18/2016 12:03 AM, wrote:

Every european car rental I have used offered a GPS rental with the
car. I didn't need it because I had Euro map on my TomTom which I had
with me.

One thing I forgot to mention. When you take your own GPS you can enter
the places you will be going to ahead of time at your convenience, not
in the airport parking lot. That alone is woth something.

?? They let you in ahead of time because you have a GPS? I can see
that for the GPS convention, but why do others care?

No, you enter addresses of the places you plan to visit into the gps
before you leave the comfort of your home. Hotels, airports, museums,
whatever. Makes life easier on the other side of the pond as you can
easily set the destination.

We sit down with paper maps for a month before we go, marking them up
and creating Plan A, B, C and then we may do something completely
different. Nav is really only handy when we are finding the hotel my
wife just booked on her phone and the phone does it all.