Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using my mirror in a rentacar

On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 08:58:34 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 10:47:02 AM UTC-5, Krispy Kreme wrote:

Paper maps and a compass? Will you be packing a sextant as well? Are you traveling by horse?

I can't recall using a compass in a mirror in a car for anything other
than novelty amusement. With so many GPS tools available as either
standalone or as part of a smartphone, a compass is kind of a relic
and not particularly useful. If you need to get from A to B, the GPS
will tell you how, the best route, etc. The compass will only tell
you what direction you're headed in and with twisting turning roads,
even that isn't much use.

We usually vacation out west and the compass in the car is handy
although I have not been in a rental in close to a decade that was
without NAV. Maybe Micky should rent a better car ;-)

We still like paper maps because our plans are very fluid.