Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Using my mirror in a rentacar

On 12/17/2016 10:46 AM, Krispy Kreme wrote:
On 12/16/2016 11:33 PM, micky wrote:

So I wonder what you think about the idea of taking my rear view mirror
with me on this trip, and changing the mirror for my own until I return
the car?? Likely to work? I don't see how I can get in trouble,
right? Is a cheap, small Japanese car likely to have an electric
mirror. (used for self-dimming)

I planned to take a hand compass, but that might mean stopping and
getting out of the car each time I want to check direction.

Paper maps and a compass? Will you be packing a sextant as well? Are
you traveling by horse?

I don't carry paper maps any more but long before a trip I do use them.
Always good to know the relative distance to where you are and where you
want to go. Compass is handy but you have to be careful. The roads
often twist and turn so you may show south in portions but the road is
going to end up east.

Last few trips to Europe I used a GPS and it is very handy to have.
Bigger and better than using a phone, IMO.