Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat[_9_] Pat[_9_] is offline

Default gas fireplace won't start-up - pilot is lit

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 16:42:13 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Guys, I'm have a similar issue. Ventless Real-Fyre G9-2 unit with wall mounted remote. Pilot stays on and I can manually turn the FP on with the on turn knob on the unit but remote box will not work. I bypassed the wall connection with a brand new sky-tech remote box and connected directly to the TP TH / TH connectors but when I move the Skytech box to the on position it still does not ignite. So I bypassed the wires in the wall thinking maybe mice and connected directly to unit with new remote box but nothing. Again, manual operations work fine. I'm stumped.

If you turn it on manually, can you turn it off from the remote?