Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default EneLoop NiMh Batteries: Precharged ??

Per Percival P. Cassidy:
I think they are charged -- but not fully charged, even when brand new.

And how long does it take the charger to determine the charge state?

The package was a dozen AAA batteries.

2 of them were charged up fully within an hour.

2 of them took more like 2-3 hours.

Four of them are still on the charger after six+ hours.

Four more are still in the box (charger only takes 8 batteries).

Had a similar experience with the four AAA Eneloops I bought a couple
weeks ago.

I am starting to wonder about the charger - although it seems to have
behaved normally for the year or so I have been using it on some AA NiMh
Energizers.
--
Pete Cresswell