Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 06:47:31 +0000 (UTC), Frank Baron
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 00:12:26 -0500, advised:

You don't have a CLUE how I buy my tires or what "thought" goes into
them - and I most certainly would NOT buy tires based primarily on
price.

Buying tires is both easy and hard, depending on what criteria you use.

If you read the reviews, you'll go nuts, because they're extremely
inconsistent, and most are from buttmeters which haven't been calibrated
and all suffer from the placebo effect. So reviews are absolutely useless
because only 1 in 100 will be accurate.

Tire reviews are especially problematic, since besides the buttmeter
you've got variables like car, load weight, driving style, etc.
I got lucky once where a guy with the same car as mine did a good,
thorough review on TireRack. I got the same tires at Just Tires and
was completely satisfied.
But every time I've looked there since I've come up empty. I'll still
go there first when I need new tires.