Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Unarmed elderly man with dementia killed by police in Calif.

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 2:24:50 PM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 14/12/2016 18:58, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 18:22:38 +0000, Bod wrote:

BulletProofME.com Body Armor - Riot Shields for Riot Police ...
www.bulletproofme.com/Riot-Shields.htm
Riot Shields - rectangular, round and reverse curve Capture shields for
riots, corrections, cell ... Bulletproof Vests, Plates, Helmets & Armor
to ... Made in the USA.

Now read the difference between a "riot shield" (your words) and a
Tactical Ballistic Shield. Aside, these items are not carried in every
police vehicle everyday. They are used in calculated situations.

The police in this incident were not going to a riot. They were
investigating a man that had accosted two neighbors. Got it?

Doubt it.

I get it, but how hard would it be to carry a couple of those shields in
the boot of those large police cars?

About as hard as it would be for a perp to shoot you in the leg or other
body part not covered by the shield. Or to run away. Are you going
to chase after him, run all over, jump fences, carrying a riot shield? Would you volunteer to advance on
a perp that had a gun, refused to take his hands out of his pockets,
using one of those shields? Why should we ask LEO to take grave risks
with unknown perps, reported to have a gun, reported to be accosting
people, acting erratically, etc? Enough cops die already.