Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 05:03:04 +0000 (UTC), Frank Baron
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 23:38:46 -0500, advised:

The machine as supplied is CRAP - but it doesn't take MUCH to make it
half-assed decent. Get a steel plate welden in place of the
fence-post.

Clare,

You are making sense. I agree with you. I only shoved the fence post in
there as an American ingenuity hack, but the real solution would be to weld
in some steel reinforcement, I agree.

To that end, I have a friend who will sell me his old oxy acetylene setup,
so, I will pick that up soon (the tanks are empty so I will need to fill
them up). I'll learn how to weld, which should be a useful skill anyway.

The current price of acetylene should give you heartburn. I
reconfigured my gas brazing / welding rig to use propane instead.