Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Baron Frank Baron is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 00:20:56 -0500, advised:

Price "matching" is only good if they will BEAT the lowest price

I agree with that statement.
Only that's not price "matching"; that's price "beating" which is a good
thing.

Matching, as far as I can tell, is useless, unless (as I said) you get
something hidden for free (like no tax or less time or no shipping or
whatever).

And LEGALLY you are REQUIRED to submit the local tax on product you
order in from outside the state if they do not have a business
presence in your state. If they DO have a presence in your state, they
are requireds to charge the tax applicable in your state. Whether this
is enforced or not, I don't know.

That's debatable but I'm not a tax lawyer or accountant so I can't tell you
if it is or not since interstate commerce is a tricky thing which is
regulated federally and not by the states.

Suffice to say it's not enforced anyway, and, if it was, it would merely
shove almost all commerce overseas where it couldn't be enforced.

It's how "fluid" things work.