Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 04:42:21 +0000 (UTC), Frank Baron
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 22:21:15 -0500, advised:

Oh no - after what I just said, here we go again!!!!
A damned wheel weight pliers, of coarse!!!
Google "wheel weight pliers"

Turns out, after some research and talking to the pros, there's really no
need for those wheel-weight pliers just as there is absolutely no need for
any special valve removal or insertion tools.

Still, some tools are just nice to have even if they're not necessary.

I already bought the valve-puller tool, for example, mainly because I
wanted to feel for myself how much easier it made an already easy task of
removing and inserting the valves.
http://i.cubeupload.com/BurSRM.jpg

I'll probably do the same experiment for the wheel weight puller tool:
http://i.cubeupload.com/pkMgfr.jpg

You can use a sledge hammer or an axe if you like to put them on, and
you can beat them off with a chisel, but the proper tool as always it
much easier . And you asked "what tool do you use to remove the
weights. I, and most mechanics, use a weight pliers - so I answered
your question - didn't I???