Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 13:24:39 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 06:35:13 +0000 (UTC), Frank Baron
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 23:38:36 +0000, Stormin' Norman advised:

I have taken tires and rims to Costco and asked them to dismount and
mount other tires and they were happy to do it without me having
purchased the tires from them.

One time I gave the guy at the counter a case of St. Pauli Girl beer
and they did it all for free......

Don't get me wrong. I love Costco. In fact, I'm gonna take the old tires to
them for $1 plus ten cents tax where they will dispose of them for me.

If I took them to the local tire shop nearby me, it would cost $7 per tire
plus 70 cents tax (I hate that California taxes everything multiple times
where tires are taxed three times!)

Even if I took them to the local Pep Boys, it would still cost $3.50 plus
sales tax of about 35 cents.

Costco is the best for some things.
However, the one thing Costco sucks at is short lines & product selection.

I have gotten tires at Costco quite a few times, but I just gave up.
It takes far too long.
Never less than an hour wait, and often two or three hours (especially when
they run their annual tire sales).

Plus, Costco has a sucky selection of tires, and they won't mount any tires
you bring to them (I'm surprised your Costco did that because mine won't).

But they do give you free rotations and lovely green nitrogen air.
But overall, Costco isn't cost effective compared to what I can get online.

But I love Costco for other things (like diapers, similac, roasted chicken,
etc.).

Frank, I am not trying to sell you on Costco. I simply related my
personal experience. I also have excellent luck with Discount Tire,
in this part of the country they are a giant in the tire retailing
business and will beat any price you bring them, even the online
sellers.

If they don't end up kicking him out on his ass first - it appears
dealing online means he doesn't need to deal with anyone face to face
- he can get yappy without getting his face slapped.