Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Baron Frank Baron is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 22:19:12 -0500, advised:

I'd still be wary of using THAT tire changer on the expensive
alloy rims without some more "modifications"

I used the tire changer on 60-series 16-inch alloy wheels today because I
offered to fix a flat for a friend where I warned him it might be
difficult.

This passenger tire was so easy, it made me look like a professional.

So, I think it's just that my testcase of the 75-series 108T sidewall
Optimo tires is just a more difficult case (by far) than a normal passenger
tire.

We didn't balance that alloy wheel because we didn't change the tire and
when I put it on the static balancer, it was fine.

But I'm going to have to balance the five steel wheels of the Toyota.

Right now, I'm looking at what wheel weight style to buy, since it's a
Toyota steel rim.

It seems from this PDF that the right type is the "P" type (whether PZU,
PZ, PST, or PSTU doesn't really matter) but I'm double checking that
assumption as we speak.
http://www.perfectequipment.com/cont...hure_sceen.pdf