Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] avagadro7@gmail.com is offline

Default Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checkedcamber at home

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 8:32:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
http://www.helminc.com/helm/resource...nformation.htm

buy a manual.

The Ford E250 I drive replaces parts ...2 ...to adjust camber. Then there would be other adjustments in the tie rods.

I doahn know how to do that. I assume from what I do know the adjustment/repair process was designed for 3rd world conditions in Missouri.

I have a 544 Volvo. A 544 is adjustable at the home garage level, designed for this.

I had not considered this until watching a Mustang alignment check in the pits with a tape measure poss for rectangularity or a modification of. The adjustment is in the manual but I had not done followed thru.

However, a check by a serious amateur mechanic prob doesn't cover the same ground as the alleged sophisticated equipment operated by knowledgeable trained technicians ... if the expensive tires are wearing oddly. Or maybe it does. Try it.

Unusual tire wear is the start. Keep an eye on tire wear n measure tread depth.

a controllable area is the driving surface n driving 'habit'

we have 2 in our front yard: one, a sweeping banked turn replacement for the 19th century boundary 90 degree turn and 2, road by Monroe....a county line road surface height border.

If the sweeping corner is driven with force, the abrasive surface will eat tires.

The county line is problematic. Every expletive deleted time that ridge is driven thru the front end wears out. I raise the front end braking hard n releasing before the ridge raising the front in rebound. I should drive around but the drive is long n complex compared to the ridge.

The two are 200 yards apart.