Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Unarmed elderly man with dementia killed by police in Calif.

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 17:14:57 -0000, Bod wrote:

Yet another unarmed man killed by police.

Police in Bakersfield, Calif., found a crucifix on an unarmed
73-year-old retiree with dementia shot dead by an officer, after police
said the man ignored their requests to remove his hands from his jacket.

"During a search of Mr. Serna a dark-colored simulated woodgrain
crucifix was recovered," read a statement from the Bakersfield Police
Department. "Mr. Serna was not armed at the time of the shooting. No
firearm has been recovered."

Serna has never carried a gun and was opposed to firearms, Serna's son,
Frank Serna, told KGET. "I don't know what led police to believe he had
a gun," Frank Serna said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...e-ca/95399066/

The problem is not the police, the problem is the high likelihood of an American citizen carrying a gun. The demented man looked like he was hiding a gun. So here we have an example of gun owners making it more dangerous for non gun owners, without even touching them.

--
G.A.Y. - Got Aids Yet?